This granola also makes a great homemade gift. Just fill up a pretty mason jar, tie with some twine & include a card with the recipe for a thoughtful gift that keeps on giving!
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds (chopped)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds (hulled)
1.5 cups flaked coconut
1/4 tsp. salt (I use finely ground sea salt)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup maple syrup (you can also use agave or honey)
4 tbsp. coconut oil (or sunflower oil or olive oil)
Your choice of dried fruits (my favorites are dried cranberries & raisins)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir coconut oil & maple syrup together.
3. In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, salt & cinnamon.
4. Pour oil/syrup mixture over dry ingredients and stir well until everything is combined (get your hands in there if you want!)
5. Pour onto a baking sheet (one with raised edges) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes & repeat until the oats are golden brown. The total baking time is usually around 30 minutes, but keep an eye on your granola as some ovens are hotter than others.
6. Once it's cool add your dried fruit, mix together and store in a lovely jar! You'll be very happy to wake up to this tomorrow morning.