We had some friends over for board game night last night (epic Cranium battle) and I decided to make my mum's amazing spinach dip for one of our snacks. I contacted my sister, Tanya, for the recipe and she e-mailed it to me with such entertaining commentary that I'm just going to paste it here exactly as she wrote it:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Funny thing to do - fill up clean, empty mayo container with vanilla pudding and sit in a busy public area happily eating it with a spoon)
- 1 cup sour cream (1 small container)
- 1 packet knorr dry leek soup mix
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well-drained (chopped, not whole leaves or you get long, stringy weird bits)
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts (Tanya's nuts roasting on an open fire. Tanyaaaa nipping at your noooose...)
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper
- fresh garlic (I put about 4-5 cloves in mine & it's super garlicky and delicious)
- 1 sourdough loaf (Mmm, loaf)
1. Thaw & drain spinach.
2. Put all ingredients into food processor (chop up red pepper & garlic first). Blend. Serve with sourdough bread for dipping (or, if you can find a round sourdough loaf, you can use it as a bread bowl!)
*Note: You can also make this without the leek soup mix & just add a little salt & pepper. It tastes just as good. Also, I used what I had on hand for mine which was Trader Joe's vegan mayo & fat free sour cream - healthier & still delicious!
Click here for more great appetizers & recipes!